January 11th, 2006 :: "Illustration Friday - Sea"


This is my first piece for Illustration Friday. I've been meaning to contribute to the site for a long time and I figure that if I need to come up with seven robots per week, I might as well take a free idea for at least one day, right? This week's theme is "Sea".

For those of you coming to Robot-A-Day from Illustration Friday, welcome. Make sure to check out more posts here before you leave, please. Then keep coming back everyday. Thanks.

(The more I look at this, the more I think the squid is totally trying to makeout with the robot. Seriously, look at the placement of its tentacles! One on the back, one on the head. Definite makeout maneuvering.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

LOL!!! Funny!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who woulda thunk it - combining robots with cephaloods for an illo. The depiction of the squid is very good.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

12:07 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Wouldn't robot be a bit rusty in regards to making out? Squid seems to have taken the matter firmly in her hands :)

1:30 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

this is great :)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Don said...

LOL, that was the first thing that I thought... "Is the squid 'embracing' the robot?"

I love the style, too. I like cartoon bots, too. Have several pages of sketches myself. Keep it up!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

robot in the water makes me think he will end up like Tin Man from the wizard of oz....

4:07 AM  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

Hello, this is great! And yes it does look like the squid is making out with the robot. The robot is horrified!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Sea Angel said...

lol. I love the robot's expression.
Welcome to IF! =)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home